Every time I am invited to a potluck (which is quite often, actually!), I often bring the same dish: my sister Dana’s kale salad. And the reason I always bring the same thing is because people ALWAYS love it and ALWAYS ask me for the recipe.
So I decided to just pop the recipe up here on my blog! Enjoy!
Dana’s Delicious Kale Salad Recipe
- Use curly kale or dinosaur kale (I usually use 2 bunches for the amount of dressing you’ll make using the recipe below).
- Rinse well, chop finely, place in bowl. Add desired nuts (almonds, pine nuts, pumpkin seeds/pepitas, almonds, pecans all work well). Add cheese if desired (feta or blue are good).
- Add dried fruit (cranberries or goji berries both work well).
- Add dressing (see details below).
- Optional: add avocado.
In a separate bowl, mix the following (modify the quantities below to your liking. Use more oil to make it milder, more tamari for salt, more mirin for sweetness.
- ¾ cup olive oil
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup of braggs amino acids/tamari/soy sauce
- 2 whole squeezed lemons
- 1-2 cloves of minced garlic
- A dash (or more) of mirin rice wine vinegar for added sweetness (optional)
Sprinkle extra nutritional yeast on top once the salad is made…)